Serves: 6-8 (nutrition is for 8)
- Olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced or diced
- 2 ears sweet corn (or 1 can)
- 2 large courgettes, thinly sliced
- About 8 sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 12 ounces shredded cheese (Whatever you want)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- Splash or milk
- You can add in whatever veggies you want – I also added spinach and tomato!
- Heat the olive oil in a large, deep wok over medium high heat.
- Add the onions, zucchini, mushrooms and tomato to brown slightly.
- Add the sweetcorn and continue to saute until the veggies are soft, 5-10 minutes.
- Add the herbs and spinach to wilt it.
- Turn down to a medium to low heat and add the cheese and the beaten egg. Do not stir.
- Wait for 5 or so minutes to cook the bottom then transfer under the grill to cook the top (medium heat).
- Wait for 5 or so minutes until the top is looking brown then top with a little extra cheese if wanted.
Tip: Mine came out a little watery at the bottom so wait longer for it to cool to avoid this.
Adapted from: http://pinchofyum.com/sweet-corn-zucchini-pie