This will need to be prepared a few days in advance!!
2 pints (1.25 lbs. or 575g) strawberries, organic or unsprayed
750 ml vodka
- Wash, hull, and cut up the strawberries.
- Place them in a glass jar (or any container which can hold both the strawberries and the vodka, and with a tight lid!).
- Pour the vodka into the jar and tighten the lid. Give it a good shake.
- You will need to store the jar in a dark, cool place for 3-7 days (I went with 3 days) and shaken at least once a day.
- Once ready, strain the strawberry solids out with a fine sieve or cheesecloth.
This can be stored in the refrigerator or the freezer for several weeks (however I used mine straight away).
250ml fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 5-6 lemons)
- Stir the sugar and 250ml water together in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Let boil for a minute and make sure all the sugar is dissolved, then remove from heat.
- Let the syrup cool then combine with the lemon juice and add 500ml of water. Add more water to taste.
To make strawberry vodka lemonade, add 1-2 shots of strawberry vodka into the top of a glass of lemonade over ice.