Prep time: 20 mins / Cook time: 30 mins / Can do individual or one large!
- 500g block puff pastry
- plain flour (for dusting)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 250g (one tub) ricotta cheese
- 75g wensleydale cheese (we left this out)
- mint leaves shreaded – roughly a handful.
- 1 lemon zest and juice of half lemon
- 450g approx. asparagus.
- Preheat oven to 200degrees.
- Roll out pastry on floured surface to 0.3cm thick – chop into rectangles if doing separate tarts.
- Put on large baking tray and brush by the beaten egg. Score 1cm border around the edge and prick the centre with a fork.
- Bake for 10-12mins until puffed up and golden. Remove from oven and leave to cool completely.
- Mix the ricotta, 50g wensleydale (if using), mint, lemon zest and juice and season.
- Flatten the centre of the tarts and put the filling on. Top with asparagus spears and scatter over remaining wensleydale.
- Bake or 12-15mins until you have tender asparagus and crisp pastry.
SERVE AND ENJOY!
Source: Hope’s birthday dish 🙂