Nutrition per serving:
kcalories: 292 / protein: 29g / carbs: 7g / fat: 17g / saturates: 4g / fibre: 0g / sugar: 6g / salt: 0.83g
- 4 boneless, skinless salmon fillets, about 550g/1lb 4oz in total, cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- thumb-size piece fresh root ginger, grated
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 bunch coriander, half chopped, half leaves picked
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Tip the salmon into a food processor with the paste, ginger, soy and chopped coriander. Pulse until roughly minced. Tip out the mix and shape into 4 burgers. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, then fry the burgers for 4-5 mins on each side, turning until crisp and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, use a swivel peeler to peel strips of carrot and cucumber into a bowl. Toss with the vinegar and sugar until the sugar has dissolved, then toss through the coriander leaves. Divide the salad between 4 plates. Serve with the burgers and rice.
Tip: Mix the curry paste, ginger, soy and oil with 1 tsp honey and seasoning. Marinate the salmon chunks in the curry mixture for 10 mins. Cut 1 red pepper and 1 courgette into chunks, then thread onto skewers with the salmon. Griddle for 8 mins, turning, until the salmon is cooked through.